Unofficial Tilbury FC fans forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thurrock tornament

+4
Grecian Docker
mickie1955
Dock end John
visitingblue
8 posters

Go down

Thurrock tornament Empty Re: Thurrock tornament

Post  Grecian Docker Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:31 pm

So I guess this will now not go beyond being a forum discussion ? Grays unfortunatley don't seem to have much of an Immediate future ?
Sad

Grecian Docker

Back to top Go down

Post  Bridgeman Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:21 pm

Yes we used to play grays in the Stan Venness trophy A pre season cup, bit like a friendly but it was always a hard contest, I have a program for what may have been the last one, I don't think Grays was interested once they moved up.
it was 12 August 2000 Tilbury team in program was :-mark hardingham, Shaun Rees, Callan ware, Tommy Scawtorn, Paul Cornthwaite, Gary Mackin, Steve Harrison, Kevin Mully, Micky Waite, Del Francois,
Kieron Knight
Subs James nicholls Steve Smith, Keith Martin

this is the season following Grayses promotion from division one the same year we was promoted from division three Shocked Cool Cool Cool Cool
Bridgeman
Bridgeman

Back to top Go down

Post  chubba Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:16 am

clarry wrote:Aren't Concord from Canvey?

Would be great to see it come to fruit but can't see it happening.

Didnt we used to play Grayscum on a one off match every year anyway - a sort of Calcutta Cup type of thing or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Yer F**k Concord Horrible bastar*s Evil or Very Mad
chubba
chubba

Back to top Go down

Post  chubba Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:58 am

I think it is a good idea , who and how do we go about trying to set it up, i personally would like it to happen through the season rather than pre season cos i think everybody needs a break from football in the summer plus the World Cup is on as well Laughing
Not sure our Chairman will entertain people gettin in for nothing tho king
chubba
chubba

Back to top Go down

Post  Paddles O'Maddles Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:03 am

Twisted Evil

Great thinking Grecian Docker. That's an excellent idea !

Twisted Evil
Paddles O'Maddles
Paddles O'Maddles

Back to top Go down

Post  clarry Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:55 pm

Aren't Concord from Canvey?

Would be great to see it come to fruit but can't see it happening.

Didnt we used to play Grayscum on a one off match every year anyway - a sort of Calcutta Cup type of thing or is my memory playing tricks on me?
clarry
clarry

Back to top Go down

Post  Grecian Docker Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:50 pm

I think It's a great Idea. Should be kept to Tilbury, Grays, Thurrock, Aveley and East Thurrock.
I would play it along the lines of the old home championships. i.e. play each other once and then the following season whoever was at home would then be away etc - 2pts for a win and 1 for a draw to keep a close competition.
Games could be played throughout the season if necessary as I am sure the clubs would not want to restrict themsleves to only this opposition for pre season friendlies and of course at the end of the season they won't want to have these as extra fixtures. So maybe with the four games spread over a period of say August until April would work The winners would recieve the "THURROCK DISTRICT SENIOR TROPHY" and the bottom club the "THURROCK DISTRICT SENIOR WOODEN SPOON"

It could be well reported through the gazette and other local media outlets and encourage local schools / youth clubs to attend the fixtures by offering entrance at a minimum cost or Indeed FREE - the takings would go up through use of the bar and food facilities etc. Lot's of ways to promote the games and get the attendances up.

Grecian Docker

Back to top Go down

Post  visitingblue Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:36 pm

hink so mate unless you can think of any otyher teams. Yeah i think your right about my grandad. will be in touch about this. would appriciatre it if you could spread the word onthe terraces and get back to me with feedback. Cheers

visitingblue

Back to top Go down

Post  mickie1955 Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:35 am

it sounds good who we thinking of tilbury grays aveley east thurrock thurrock concord p.s 1950s your grandad was probably one of the last committees to give a f@ck abou the team

tilbury till i die
mickie1955
mickie1955

Back to top Go down

Post  Dock end John Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:30 am

Yes please, that would be fun. bom bom bom bom
Dock end John
Dock end John

Back to top Go down

Thurrock tornament Empty Thurrock tornament

Post  visitingblue Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:32 pm

To all Dockers fans
Yes i am a Grays Athletic supporter, and yes you are all right we are in the shit at the moment. Firstly id like to say i have the upmost respect for Tilbury football club, my Grandfather was chairman in the 1950's, so i have a soft spot for the club.
Why then are you are asking yourselves is this Grays ath supporter writing on your website. Well i have a proposition for you and other clubs within in the Borough. The older generation will probably remember the good old days in the area, especially the local Derbys between Grays and Tilbury, when Tilbury were without doubt the premier club in the area. From What i have been told the atmosphere and rivalry between the two clubs was fantastic, and is somewhat lacking in todays games.
My proposal is a Tornament between all major clubs in the borough, a six nations tornanment in style where each team would play home and away, almost a mini league cup, i propse that thius would happen in the summer break prior to the pre season fixtures. I feel that this would generate the rivalry and community based football events that have been sorely lacking in the bourough for some time. It would benifit all teams in the area, through ticket sales, media coverage and would also give the clubs a chance to try out new palyers and prepare themeselves for the run up to the new season.
Iam intrested in your views on this and would like to know if you feel this is a good idea or not.

Good luck with the rest of your season. bom bom

visitingblue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down