Unofficial Tilbury FC fans forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match report home v Thurrock via Thurrock FC.

Go down

Match report home v Thurrock via Thurrock FC. Empty Re: Match report home v Thurrock via Thurrock FC.

Post  Dock end John Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:25 am

No mention of there first goal being two yards off side, linesman was flagging like mad and after ref ignored him he put his flag down, after that we where always up against it. It was a good competitive  game played in front of our biggest home gate of the season, and we scored a penalty cheers   and I thought we played well enough and controlled the game at certain times to deserve a point. Rumours that Harry Cook has left the club seem to be true, and I wish him all the best in the future.
Dock end John
Dock end John

Back to top Go down

Match report home v Thurrock via Thurrock FC. Empty Match report home v Thurrock via Thurrock FC.

Post  Dock end John Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:14 am

Thurrock moved to within 2 points of the play off positions with a fine away win over local rivals Tilbury on Tuesday evening.

Manager Mark Stimson was understandably delighted with the result and the performance of the players and spoke after the game "It was a very good away win, we started well and in the first minute went in front with Rob Clark scoring a good goal"

"Tilbury scored after 15 minutes to make it 1-1 but after this we played some good football and went back in front with a decent header from Ross Wall".

"Just before the break we scored a team goal that made myself so proud to say I am the manager of the team, it's everything I drum into the players every time we train and play PASS PASS MOVE and try always to go forward and score, we did this with Ross Wall finishing off a superb move and giving us a 3-1 lead".

"The second half started and Tilbury scored but the our players kept doing their jobs and got another goal after Menga was brought down for a penalty. Aaron Waters stuck the penalty away but it still wasn't finished. Tilbury scored again but we saw the game out professionally with only the cross bar denying Ross Wall a superb hat-trick".

Next up for The Fleet is a home game against Ware on Saturday.
Dock end John
Dock end John

Back to top Go down