Match report away v Dereham Town via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Go down

Same old

Post  hammertime on Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:57 pm

Sorry but this pre season is just a joke . Won 3 lost 3 draw 1 ( that we should have lost by the way ) this team is not good enough (fact) this club needs a compleat change manger coaching staff


Posts : 55
Join date : 2012-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Match report away v Dereham Town via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Post  Dock end John on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:16 pm

Dereham Town 2 Tilbury 3 (Att 158)

Tilbury finished the season, with a fine 3-2 victory over Dereham Town in a game they should have won by more and left Tilbury unbeaten in there final 5 games.  

Gary Henty made one changes to his line up with Arinse Uade replacing Jake Pooley in defence.  

On a bright afternoon, the game started slowly with only half chances from Melaugh for Tilbury and Beaumont for the home side. Tilbury started to get on top after a succession of miss hit shots. Tilbury did take the lead on 36, when a Conor Mead corner found  Aaron Waters at the back post, who played in Emiel Aiken in the 6 yard box to see his stab hit effort home. Just before the break Mead was again in the action when he hit a good low ball across the face of the goal and only needed a touch to score. 

Tilbury started the second half they way the finished the first with Aiken a whisker over from inside the box and Ryan Melaugh then curled wide. On 54 Danny Norton then fired wide after good build up play from Conor Mead. 

Toby Aromolaran was the next person to go close when he hit over, before Beaumont for the home side rattled the bar. 

Following two substitutions for the visitors, Tilbury continued to push hard and it was one of the substitutes who scored, when Emiel Aiken ran clear before playing the ball out to Reece Conway to fire low into the net for a fine team goal. Within 2 minutes Dereham got one back when Ryan Crisp when he picked up on a through ball to score. With 9 minutes remaining Tilbury were reduced to 10 men, when Arinse Uade received a second caution. This did not stop the Dockers as Lewis Francis pushed hard down the right to carve out a chance. Francis saw his cross across the box on 84 that did not receive the final touch, before Aiken tested keeper Matt Powley who tipped over. 

On 90 Tilbury increased the lead when Francis got down the right, before crossing for Emiel Aiken to fire home the Dockers last goal of the season. 

Deep into injury time, Ryan Crisp saw a corner not cleared and bundled the ball home. After 5 minutes of injury time, the referee blew his whistle to end the season. 

Tilbury finish the season in 12th place in the league.     

After the game manager Gary Henty commented "I am delighted with the win and to end the season on a high note. It was a game we could have won twice with the chances we made" 


Tilbury: Bogard, Mead, Turpin, Waters, Uade, Norton (Jaggs 68), Aiken, Carlile, Aromolaran (Francis 76), Melaugh, K Smith (Conway 45)
Dock end John
Dock end John

Posts : 1788
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 62
Location : tilbury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum