Match report away v Dereham Town via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Go down

Match report away v Dereham Town via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Post  Dock end John on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:09 am

Dereham Town 4 Tilbury 2 (Att 142)

Tilbury suffered back to back defeats to Dereham and played 77 minutes with 10 men. Inside the first 10 minutes both sides had chances due to mistakes within each defence. Tilbury's Greg Cundle was denied by a fine Will Viner save before the home side took the lead on 10 minutes. Frazer Blake-Tracy fed Ryan Crisp on the left, but saw keeper Clarke Bogard upend the striker as he looked to round him with the referee having no option but to point to the spot. Luke Tuttle coolly converted the spot kick.
In the 12th minute Lewis Butcher lashed out at Glozier, that saw the referee take no action, but before the free kick was taken Tilbury were reduced to ten men as Kurt Smith was shown a straight red card by the referee for an off the ball infringement. Tilbury despite a player down kept the ball well and caused Dereham problems. Butcher was again in the action when he committed a late tackle, but after a lengthy chat between the referee and his assistant, no action was taken.

On 31 Ryan Crisp received Sam Borrer's pass and tested Bogard with a low 20 yard effort but the keeper saved. The Docker's then created a chance with Richmond heading over a Mead cross. On 34 Tilbury got themselves back in the game when Jack Carlile passed inside to skipper Matt Game who beat Viner with a superb 20 yard drive that flew into the roof of the net. Tilbury had a good spell including Cundle's effort blocked and Nightingill heading just wide from a corner. Tilbury deservedly went in front for the first time in the 43rd minute. Lewis Butcher found space in the visitors half before losing possession with a poor pass, but Tilbury broke quickly with Greg Cundle dribbling inside before beating Viner with a superb goal.

During half time interval, Butcher who was in thick of the action for the wrong reasons was sensibly withdrawn from the game.

Dereham started strongly after the break and had to wait just 3 minutes when Sam Borrer received Adam Smith's pass and unleashed a powerful 25 yard drive that rattled the roof of the net. The home side were in control and took the lead for the second time in the game when Sam Borrer latched onto Matt Howard's long ball and lifted the ball past the advancing Bogard for his second goal of the half. The Dereham skipper then exchanged passes with Luke Tuttle in the 62nd minute, whilst outside the Tilbury box, before slotting the ball home to complete his hat-trick and put his side in a commanding position. Tilbury battled hard, but the man advantage started to show and Tilbury lost there discipline, as they went down to a disappointing defeat and losing ground on play off places.

The result leaves Tilbury in 8th place. The Dockers return to action again on Tuesday against another play off side when they make the short trip to Cheshunt with a 7.45pm kick off.

Tilbury: Bogard, C Mead, Glozier (Jaggs 63), D Smith, Nightingill, Game, Cook (Webb 76), Carlile, Richmond (Pooley 79), Cundle, K Smith

Unused subs: Elsom.
Dock end John

Posts : 1749
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 61
Location : tilbury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum