Unofficial Tilbury FC fans forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PAUL VAUGHAN: WHY I NEARLY QUIT AS TILBURY BOSS LAST SEASON. VIA TWITTER.

4 posters

Go down

PAUL VAUGHAN: WHY I NEARLY QUIT AS TILBURY BOSS LAST SEASON. VIA TWITTER. Empty Re: PAUL VAUGHAN: WHY I NEARLY QUIT AS TILBURY BOSS LAST SEASON. VIA TWITTER.

Post  Asitis Sat May 31, 2014 12:17 pm

Good luck people like u are just what they need

Asitis

Back to top Go down

PAUL VAUGHAN: WHY I NEARLY QUIT AS TILBURY BOSS LAST SEASON. VIA TWITTER. Empty Re: PAUL VAUGHAN: WHY I NEARLY QUIT AS TILBURY BOSS LAST SEASON. VIA TWITTER.

Post  Dock end John Sat May 31, 2014 11:49 am

Yer you lot, stop moaning. Must admit "micky1955" enough  may have been said about last season and I think we may have got across on what we expect next season. Three out of the last six seasons have not been to bad, two good ones with "Chester" and one good season with "Paul" I just think we have not moved forward enough. And from Pauls statement he said we should not be loosing to the likes of Barkingside, but then getting a well deserved win at Thurrock ???
I have stated in several post, that inconsistency caused by the massive turn over of players (around 60) last season was our down full. Paul will start the season  T.F.C. manager whether we like it or not, we will just have to wait and see if we improve, and if not how long the new Chairman and committee put up with it.
Cant wait for next season and some great away days, following and supporting the "DOCKERS" and getting on the piss again. So I come to my last moan, it would have been nice (like what was said it or not) if Paul had first posted the statement on the official T.F.C. web or even on here, rather than inform every body else on twitter before he informed the fans of Tilbury F.C.   santa Happy Christmas.
Dock end John
Dock end John

Back to top Go down

PAUL VAUGHAN: WHY I NEARLY QUIT AS TILBURY BOSS LAST SEASON. VIA TWITTER. Empty on The piss again

Post  mickie1955 Sat May 31, 2014 6:56 am

let it stop here all iv read is negativity on this forum lately  and yes some of its mine but new season fresh start .we got to the play off with this guy so why not again .I say give him till xmas and see how we go .and lets get back on the piss and stop winging yes the football dose spoil the day some times but there still great days with all my piss head mates .so lets see what it brings and I know it will bring plenty of piss up days  WATFTT.
mickie1955
mickie1955

Back to top Go down

Post  welshexileddocker Sat May 31, 2014 5:05 am

Whilst I strongly agree that a new Manager should be appointed I dont think insults towards the current Manager are called for. I dont believe Mr. Vaughan is up to the job - just look at this seasons league table should be proof enough - and he should do the decent thing and resign. Youth football is calling you and thats where you should concentrate your efforts. Im sure you have giving your all to the job but getting rid of our goalscorers was a ridiculous decision and certainly didnt benefit Tilbury Football Club. Thanks for your efforts but I think new blood should be given a chance before the Dockers face the prospect of the Essex Senior League football. This has been written by a fervent Dockers supporter of over 50 years and written only with the intention of improving things for the loyal band of supporters who through thick and thin turn up and pay to watch whats on offer at Chadfields. Only wish I could return to the terraces - maybe next season when I return to visit family & friends I will be able to catch a game and have a beer with fellow supporters. Please Mr. Vaughan do the right thing - you know it makes sense. 

welshexileddocker

Back to top Go down

Post  Asitis Fri May 30, 2014 2:42 am

He should still quit, nothing in the statement about letting the 2 best forwards go and not replacing them, the bloke is a little worm. The thing at tilbury needs a shake up it's all become very stale with too many people in cosy positions. A new chairmen is needed someone with fresh ideas and who has contacts to raise some investment. A experienced manager who can be given a reasonable budget get some good experienced non league players to play alongside the good young players. But we all know this won't happen. In all fairness give me the job for a season and I guarantee I'd have a team finishing higher than that little worm.

Asitis

Back to top Go down

PAUL VAUGHAN: WHY I NEARLY QUIT AS TILBURY BOSS LAST SEASON. VIA TWITTER. Empty PAUL VAUGHAN: WHY I NEARLY QUIT AS TILBURY BOSS LAST SEASON. VIA TWITTER.

Post  Dock end John Thu May 29, 2014 8:37 am

Updated: May 29, 2014

Paul Vaughan, 50, has been the manager of Tilbury FC for four seasons. He was previously a coach at Grays Athletic and Basildon United. He is also the head coach of the football academy at South Essex College and has worked as a talent scout for Crystal Palace, Millwall and Charlton. You can follow Paul on Twitter at @vaughan_paul

IT WAS very difficult for me as manager of Tilbury last season.

We did not get off to a good start when I returned from pre-season to find that players I thought I had agreed deals with had actually decided to move on.

That left us short of numbers so I had a chat with then-chairman Robin Nash and told him I planned to use it as an opporutnity to blood a few of our reserve and academy players.

We started with a 3-0 defeat to eventual play-off winners Witham, and the following two defeats against eventual-champions VCD Athletic and play-off finalists Harlow confirmed what I expected – it was going to be a tough season.

We needed an experienced central defender and another midfielder, but we put together a decent run and enjoyed some good results in the FA Cup and a 3-0 FA Trophy win against Needham.

But it was a season which just never really got going for us, with our players attracting interest from other clubs, along with coping with difficult injuries and suspensions.

Towards the end of the season we went on my worst-ever run as a manager – losing eight games without scoring a goal.

And the 3-0 defeat to Barkingside in late March almost pushed me over the edge. They were a hard-working side, but Tilbury should not be losing in that fashion and – at that moment – I felt it was time for me to move on.

But I stuck with it and I am glad I did. Towards the end of the season we restored some pride at the club with good wins over Cheshunt and a big win at Thurrock on the final day.

And now we are already planning ahead for next season. We have open trials for the first team in June, and we will also start our pre-season in June.

And it was not all bad last season, with our reserve team and academy side both enjoying good campaigns.

Our academy boys finished the season with a trip to Cologne in Germany and they played some good local opposition, drawing 1-1 and winning 3-1 with bright prospect Danny Aldwinkle scoring again.

So it bodes well for next season, and hopefully we can get the first team back on track again.
Dock end John
Dock end John

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down