Unofficial Tilbury FC fans forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match report away v Dereham Town via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Go down

Match report away v  Dereham Town via Mr Anthony Mercer. Empty Match report away v Dereham Town via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Post  Dock end John Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:30 pm

Dereham Town 2 Tilbury 3 (Att 171)

Tilbury bounced back after last Saturday's disappointing performance to play off side Coggeshall, with a deserved victory over a gutsy Dereham Town side on a bright warm afternoon in Norfolk. 

Manager Marc Harrison made two changes to his line up with Marcus Bowers and Abdul Salami returning to the side. 

Both sides had a quiet opening, with Mitchell Gilbey the most active on the right. It was Gilbey whose dominance paid off. On 24 Gilbey challenged home keeper Elliot Pride, chipped it over him, only to see the ball clip the upright and Oli Spooner was on hand to score from close range. 

Dereham grew in to the game and saw Rhys Madden make a fine save on to the post before the break when Hipperson unleashed a powerful 25 yarder that forced a finger tip save. In added time the Dockers increased their lead with Marcus Bowers rifling his effort home at an angle after George Sykes kept the ball in and laid the ball back. 

After the restart Jamie Forshaw had a shot charged down before Plumstead headed Adam Smith’s corner off target.  Dereham were still finding it hard to penetrate the visiting defence.  In the 56th and 64th minute Sykes made space for himself in the box but dragged his efforts wide. 

Tilbury made it 3-0 on 71 when Dereham lost the ball in the middle of the park, Marcus Bowers played the ball back to Harry Watkins who curled his effort from 20 yards on to the underside of the bar and over the line. 

Wones had a good chance on 77 but Madden was again at his best to save well. On 78 Dereham reduced the deficit when Dion Frary steered home Crisp’s low ball  from close range. On 81 captain Kris Newby saw his 25 yard power-drive parried over, before the home side further reduced the arrears when Matty Castellan headed home Danny Beaumont’s free kick from the left in the 85th minute. The home side continued to press for an equaliser, but Tilbury held on for the points with the game going into the 9th minute of injury time. .  

The result see's Tilbury remain in 10th spot. .       

Tilbury return to action quickly with a home game against Brentwood Town on Monday.  


Tilbury: Madden, Boswell (Purdy 80), Burgess, Newby (Kessel 84), Salami, Phillips, Gilbey, Watkins, Sykes (Ramsey 75), Spooner and Bowers 

Subs unused Tuitt and Cumming

Dock end John
Dock end John

Posts : 1811
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 67
Location : tilbury

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum