Unofficial Tilbury FC fans forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Match report away v Biggleswade town FA Cup 1st qualifying rd via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Go down

Match report away v Biggleswade town FA Cup 1st qualifying rd via Mr Anthony Mercer.  Empty Match report away v Biggleswade town FA Cup 1st qualifying rd via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Post  Dock end John Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:21 am

Biggleswade 2 Tilbury 1 (Att 164)

Tilbury saw there FA Cup hopes go up in flames, conceding a final minute goal to go out to Biggleswade on a bright, but chilly afternoon. 

The game will be remembered for some questionable decisions by the man in the middle, that frustrated both sides. 

It was a quiet opening from both sides, but took until 15 minutes for the first chance in front of goal. Lawrie Marsh saw his low shot well parried wide by Connor Wheatley. Tilbury then had some good chances with Tommy Barton heading just over, before Jordan Cox heading wide from a George Sykes cross. The best chance fell on 24 when a through ball found Cox, who saw his one on one, hit the keeper. 

Just passed the half hour, a controversial moment saw Jordan Cox adjudged to have shown a high foot on a defender and with 5 home players surrounding the referee, he surprisingly brandished a red card. 

Tilbury despite a man down, took the lead 6 minutes later when Ola Ogunwamide crossed for Tommy Barton who volleyed into the net, to the delight of the travelling support.  

The Dockers held on to the break. Straight after half time, George Sykes saw his header well saved by Josephs, before Ogunwamide hit a whisker wide. 

The home side started to get themselves back in the match and pushed hard for an equaliser. 

On 55 they were rewarded when Wheatley took down a forward in the box and Alex Marsh slotted home to score.  

On 70 substitute Toby Aromolaran was brought down in the box, but the referee turned away a contact. On 76 Alex Marsh had a golden chance to score, but hit wide from a good move. George Sykes then went on a run in the box and it looked like he was clipped, he fell to the ground and again to the frustration of Tilbury, no penalty was awarded.

Seconds later Ryan Inskip struck the bar from a quick free kick, before Sean McMonagle headed wide. 

Tilbury were holding on for dear life and kept shots from the edge of the area. Deep into injury time, Inskip found the ball on the edge of the area and crashed his effort home. In the 7th minute of injury time and with the last kick of the game Tilbury keeper Connor Wheatley fired over.  

Tilbury are back in action next Saturday, when they welcome Aveley in the league.   

Team: Wheatley, Boswell, Burgess, Agyakwa, Easterford, Phillips (Salami 80), Ogunamide (Aromolaran 67), Barton, Cox, Spooner and Sykes

Subs: Worrell
Dock end John
Dock end John

Posts : 1811
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 67
Location : tilbury

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum