Grays V Tilbury FA cup 2nd round qualifying

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Grays V Tilbury FA cup 2nd round qualifying

Post  Dock end John on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:52 am

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/tilbury/photos/vs-grays-athletic-29913-fa-c-420917.html#
Dock end John

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dock end John on Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:38 am

Yes I do remember your dad very well, he was a driver at Tilbury Riverside when I worked there in the goods department, I moved on to become a shunter at the riverside and often worked along side Jack. I spent 25 years at the riverside, I saw the last train away and then locked the station up. I travelled to the stoke game along with Dave Pike BRSA steward, and I think Dave Pegrame, Kenny Ross, Ron Goater were also in my carriage.
Dock end John

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bridgeman on Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:11 am

You might know my Dad he was a driver (49 years service) based at the riverside depot for most of that, his name was Jack Ellis (Ginger I think was his nick name there) he retired around 1992 I
think. I was on the train as well with my wife we sat in the same section as Mavis I also have the program and a local newspaper with he half time report in it.

Bridgeman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dock end John on Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:54 am

I still have all my programmes from that great FA cup run, and my rosette from the Victoria ground Stoke. I was working on the railway at Tilbury Riverside and had to get the football special ready before I jumped on it. It was a great day with so many "DOCKERS" making there way up there, and also the first and last time I ever drank rum. Hope tomorrow  is a great day for the right reasons. "COME ON YOU DOCKERS" drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken
Dock end John

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bridgeman on Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Don't forget we have got further in the FA cup than Grays:tongue: Very Happy Laughing  3rd round proper against Stoke I was there What a Face What a Face  I'm I that old affraid affraid 
Bridgeman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back page "COME ON YOU DOCKERS"

Post  Dock end John on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:57 am

http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/launch.aspx?pbid=0ddb1d3a-eb0a-49bf-aa25-a58be2f012aa
Dock end John

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Oldest and fiercest rivals, plus full draw.

Post  Dock end John on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:46 am

http://www.theenquirer.co.uk/read.aspx%20id=12275
Dock end John

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dordi_Kaka on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:03 am

Out drink and out sing? Im 100% that will happen. However i cant guarantee we will outplay them. Just hoping the lads put in a decent effort, Im sure the rewards will pay off if they do.

#WATFTT
Dordi_Kaka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  welshexileddocker on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:25 pm

Good luck for Sunday - we will be in Ibiza when the game is played but will be keeping in contact in the
hope that we can beat our local - or not so local (at times!!! ) - rivals. We do not hate Grays we just hate being beaten by them.
So come on Dockers - turn up in great numbers at their latest home ground - outsing them, outdrink them, outplay them, and out of the FA cup with em.
COME ON YOU DOCKERS!!!!!!!!!

welshexileddocker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dock end John on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:08 am

On there web site a post reads, that the two clubs and supporters hate each other so much that they don't even want to play each other. A local derby is good for local football, and I am sure a large crowd will turn out to see this game. With the added prize of it being a FA cup tie and the chance for some extra cash. Hate is a strong word, and whilst I have no love for them or any thing they stand for. I for one am looking forward to the game and hope it is trouble free.affraid  So lets get some "DOCKERS" over there and show them that footballs not just about money and success, but local pride and bragging rights and enjoying the whole day, after all this is a FA cup derby day, we know we ain't got no money or fuck all else but yep we got our own ground. "COME ON YOU DOCKERS" drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken drunken  
Dock end John

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bridgeman on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:21 am

Just seen on our web site the game is marked as a friendly, I think it will be anything but a friendly.Laughing Laughing 

Bridgeman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dordi_Kaka on Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:11 am

Just seen on the grays forum that they have a poster, If anyone has spare time to print a few off and perhaps put anywhere local, Lets remember the more people who turn up, We get half the gate money.

Dordi_Kaka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tilbury on Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:14 pm

yeh sorry not official just what i read from a grays fan

tilbury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dock end John on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:24 am

tilbury wrote:To be played at Aveley fc on 29th September (aveley at home Saturday).

Bit of a boring draw but at least they'll be a big crowd and gate is split between clubs plus potential of prize money if we win
Tilbury, is this a fact mate ?
Dock end John

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dock end John on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:13 am

Maybe a easy draw at home, to put some much needed money into the club, or a nice long away trip would have been better. But I will suffer this game in any round of the FA cup. We have had some good support over the last few seasons V the gypsies, at home and at all the other grounds they have rented, maybe they could rent another ground just to get the game to go ahead on the Saturday. Or play the tie at st chads road the home of the "DOCKERS" cant wait.
bounce drunken bounce drunken bounce drunken bounce drunken 
Dock end John

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dordi_Kaka on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:59 am

Looks like a Sunday game but ive just read the Grays forum il quote

don't know why, but I was sure I had read somewhere that FA Cup fixtures take precedence over league fixtures, and that includes the ground's main side i.e. we would play sat, and they would play fri or sun in league.  could be well off the mark though, so we'll have to await news from the club as and when it is confirmed with aveley
I get the feeling it will be sunday but will the police have a say in the matter? Will Aveley's league game be played on the friday night?
Dordi_Kaka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Grays V Tilbury FA cup 2nd round qualifying

Post  tilbury on Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:44 am

To be played at Aveley fc on 29th September (aveley at home Saturday).

Bit of a boring draw but at least they'll be a big crowd and gate is split between clubs plus potential of prize money if we win

tilbury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top