Match report home v Bedford Town (FA Trophy) via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Go down

Re: Match report home v Bedford Town (FA Trophy) via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Post  hammertime on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:57 am

If the budget is as big and the players wages are has high as I have been told . Get rid and get 16 players that want to play for tilbury . My god I have only seen a few games this season but I have to say tilbury are poor very poor . There is not one player that gets the team going . Tilbury need to take a look at what’s happening at basildon . Good luck Toby another good young player falls through the trap door . No doubt another player on big money will come in and just pick up the cash .

hammertime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Match report home v Bedford Town (FA Trophy) via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Post  Dock end John on Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:48 pm

Tilbury 1 Bedford Town 4 (Att 120)

Tilbury's recent up turn in form was extinguished by Bedford who scored four times in the second half to come from behind to win.

On a bright afternoon, Tilbury gave a debut to Mitchell Gilbey and a home debut for keeper Rhys Madden.
Both sides had early chances, Dan Walker for the visitors, before Kris Newby struck a fierce shot at gal.
On 32 following some good Tilbury pressure, Lewis Jaggs hit a shot from distance, that was deflected onto the bar. From the resulting Mitchell Gilbey corner, found Tom Anderson at the back post who headed back to Abdus Salami who headed home.

Before the break Ryan Boswell crossed, that ht the bar and then former Dagenham and Redbridge striker Paul Benson almost levelled, when his effort was cleared off the line by Salami.

Bedford came out after the break a much stronger unit and levelled on 54 when Callum Donnelly found the net, before Paul Benson quickly followed up to make it 2-1 on 59 after Rhys Madden parried a shot. There was even time for the visitors to see a penalty saved by Rhys Madden after Ryan Boswell brought down Benson. Within seconds it became 3-1 when Captain Gavin Hoyte increased the lead with a bullet header. Despite substitutions being made, Tibury could not get back in the game. As the game was closing out substitute Charlie Hayford rounded Rhys Madden to score to confirm Bedford's place in the next round.

The result sees Tilbury remain in one cup, Essex senior Cup. Attention now focuses back on the league, with a home game v Felixstowe and Walton United next Saturday.

Tilbury: Madden, Boswell, Jaggs (Aromolaran 65), Peddie, Salami, Norman, Newby, Gilbey, Anderson (Odelusi 75), Smith and Keith (Jaffa 65)

Subs unused Paxman and Carlile
Dock end John

View user profile

Back to top Go down