Match report away v AFC Sudbury via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Go down

Match report away v AFC Sudbury via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Post  Dock end John on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:31 pm

AFC Sudbury 3 Tilbury 2 (Att 254)

Tilbury on a cold November’s afternoon visited AFC Sudbury and were undone by a goal deep into injury time to lose. A minute’s silence was held to honour Remembrance weekend and was observed immaculately.
Tilbury kicked off the match and both sides took time to settle and little in the way of goalmouth action accrued in the opening exchanges. A neat aerial ball into Adam Vyse saw the Tilbury number 9 snap his shot wide of Paul Walker’s post.

The dangerous Vyse was in the thick of the action with seconds, this time planting a shot over the bar. The game developed into an open affair and the home side struck first. On 35 minutes the ball fell to Ben Hunter comfortably outside the penalty area. His shot crashed into the net off the underside of the bar to break the deadlock. Both sides before the break had chances. On 42 Max Booth picked up the ball from a corner and shot over, before Emiel Aiken headed a deep cross wide for Tilbury. There was time for Adam Vyse to shoot wide for the Dockers.

AFC Sudbury were straight out of the blocks and two goals up within the opening minute of the second half. Mekhi McKenzie’s shot was half parried by Bogard and Jack Colclough was on had to tuck the ball away at the far post.

The visitors almost reduced the deficit from the re-start, Vyse racing clear only for Paul Walker to execute a stunning block to deny the Tilbury striker. On 61 Harry Honesty on his debut crossed for substitute Toby Aromolaran whose header was straight at Paul Walker.

The Dockers had other ideas and substitute Toby Aromolaran found the net to set up a tense finale with a strike on 81, after Harry Honesty's effort was well saved. The final minutes became Tilbury's, Vyse’s shot was brilliantly saved by Paul Walker and cleared by Milo Grimes. With a minute remaining Panache Mundawarara slithered free to brilliantly set up Jake Clowsley whose shot was screwed wide of the Docker’s goal.

With Sudbury on the back foot, it was all hands to the pump and in the first of five added minutes, Adam Vyse broke through the home defence to fire the ball left footed into the net for a fine goal and to bring back all level.

A minute later and Ben Hunter thundered a header from Colclough’s fine cross against Tilbury’s crossbar with Bogard beaten. In the final minute of added 5 minutes, A.F.C. Sudbury grabbed a dramatic late winner. Jake Clowsley cut in from the right and curled a superb left-footed shot around two Tilbury defenders and into the back of the net.

The result sees Tilbury drop to 19th place.

Team: Bogard, Mead, Gulliver (Dance 74), Aiken, Turpin, Peddie, McWee (Aromolaran 57), Gleed, Vyse, Jaggs (Carlile 84), Honesty

Subs not Used: Salami and Odelusi
Dock end John
Dock end John

Posts : 1788
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 62
Location : tilbury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum