Match report away v Bury Town via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Go down

Match report away v Bury Town via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Post  Dock end John on Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:18 am

Bury Town 2 Tilbury 1 (Att 281)


After dominating the second half, Tilbury lost out to a goal deep into injury time by Ryan Jolland’s to give Bury Town the points, after the game looked to be heading for a draw. Tilbury went into the game making just a single change, Lewis Francis replacing Reece Hewitt. 

Tilbury went on the attack from the off, that saw a long ball up field for Lewis Jaggs to run on to, but Bury keeper Neil O’Sullivan got there first to clear the ball. Another Tilbury attack 2 minutes later saw Toby Aromolaran go down the right that saw Kurt Smith head wide. Bury struck first on 12 minutes with Noel Aitkens heading home from a Darcy Death long throw which was headed on by Ollie Fenn to Aitkens at the far post. On 25 minutes Ollie Hughes broke down the wing and worked the ball in on the keeper only to have his shot well saved by Clarke Bogard. A skilful overhead kick from Ollie Hughes on 38 went just over. Before the break Bogard again saved well from Aitkens. 

The second period saw Tilbury have more of the ball and went close to pulling level on 50 minutes when Conor Mead drove down the wing and put a cross in to the danger area but defender Cusack cleared the ball. Ollie Fenn had a chance to double the lead on 52 minutes but his shot was cleared off the line by Aaron Waters. The introduction of Emiel Aiken looked to bolster Tilbury’s chances and within 3 minutes sent in a succession of crosses to cause the home defence problems. On 64 a corner from Mead fell to Waters in the six-yard box but fired over the bar. Tilbury were finding chances to get back in the game and O’Sullivan had to be at his best on 67 minutes when Mead rifled a strike from distance which had the Bury stopper saving at full stretch. 

On 79 Luke Read and Ollie Hughes linked up well, resulting in Hughes firing a shot from point blank range, but Bogard made a great save to deny the Bury striker. With just 4 minutes of normal time left Tilbury took advantage of an indecisive Bury defence and from a throw from Lewis Francis saw Kurt Smith reacted quickest to smash the ball into the roof of the net. Bury then snatched the winner on 90 + 4 when Josh Mayhew got to the by-line and pulled his pass back across the box for Jolland to get a touch suspiciously home with his hand inside the far post. Despite protests, the referee awarded a goal, with the assistant referee not up with play to make the decision.  

After the game manager Gary Henty commented "I thought we produced a good performance especially away from home where we dominated the second half and were unlucky not to get anything from the game" 


Tilbury sit in 13th place in the league.  


The Dockers are back at home next Saturday when they welcome Phoenix Sports.     


Tilbury: Bogard, Mead, Conway, Pooley, Waters, Norton, Aromolaran (Melaugh 65), Carlile (Singh 77), K Smith, Jaggs (Aiken 60), Francis 


Unused subs: Willis and Nightingill
Dock end John
Dock end John

Posts : 1783
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 62
Location : tilbury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum