Match report away v Wroxham via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Go down

Match report away v Wroxham via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Post  Dock end John on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:29 pm

Wroxham 2 Tilbury 3 (Att 108)

Tilbury returned to winning ways, with a last minute goal after falling behind at lowly Wroxham. Tilbury made a single change from Monday's draw, with Eli Beniot replacing Simon Peddie, but the star of the show was Jack Barham with a hat-trick. The late Tilbury substitutions proved to be effective against a tiring Wroxham side.  

On  damp and grey afternoon, Tilbury had the first chance when Jack Barham played in Neil Richmond, who put his effort wide. The Dockers were on the front foot and Barham was denied by a fine save . The resulting corner saw centre half Joe Nightingill's header cleared off the line by Rampling. On 16 Wroxham's Ross Gilfedder saw his blistering shot blocked. The returning Emiel Aiken had some good possession on the right as Tilbury continued to pour forward. 

On 38 minutes the game sparked into life when Danny Norton picked up on a mistake and played the ball through to Jack Barham, who beat Pride in a one on one at the third attempt of the day to score the opening goal. 
Wroxham showed great character and on 41 levelled up when Bussens ball in from the left was finished at the near post for Gilfedder whose header was bundled into the net. nestled in the net.
Just before the break Neil Richmond saw his volley go close. 

The second half got under way with Wroxham having a shout for a penalty when Lee Butcher came out of his goal and challenged for the ball, but the referee awarded a free kick to Tilbury. 

On 65 Nightingill again went close when up for a corner and his header was brilliantly blocked on the line. During a good Wroxham spell, Tilbury did fashion a break away chance. Francis played in for another one on one but Pride made a great one handed save to put the ball over the bar. 

On 72 minutes basement side Wroxham scored a well worked goal to take the lead when Tom Rampling picked up the ball in midfield, beat 2 men and drove for the penalty area. He played a one two with Schaar and received the ball back, where he smashed the ball home. 

Tilbury took only 3 minutes to bounce back when substitute Lewis Jaggs sent the ball through to Barham who again was one on one and nipped into fire home.  
It was all Tilbury as they pushed for the winner. On 87 a ball fell to the feet of Lewis Francis who volleyed just wide.
As it looked like the sides were sharing the points, another substitute Lewis Francis, played a splitting ball through and Jack Barham went through quickly and got his foot to the ball before the onrushing Pride could tackle, to see the ball trickle over the line, to score a delightful hat-trick. There was no time for either team to attack. 

Manager Gary Henty commented after the game "Pleased to get back to winning ways. The lads battled to the end. 


The result leaves Tilbury still in 10th place. They are back in action on Tuesday night, when they take the short trip to Billericay Town in the Essex Senior Cup quarter final tie. 7.45pm kick off.  

Tilbury: Butcher, Mead, Nightingill, D Smith, Beniot, Norton (Jaggs 70), Aiken (Francis 58), Carlile, Barham, Richmond (Aromolaran 83) and K Smith 

Unused subs: Singh
Dock end John
Dock end John

Posts : 1783
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 62
Location : tilbury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum