Match report away v Witham Town via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Go down

Match report away v Witham Town via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Post  Dock end John on Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:40 pm

Witham Town 2 Tilbury 0 (Att 82)

Tilbury came away empty handed from there trip to Witham Town in a lacklustre performance. Following the midweek defeat at Redbridge, manager Gary Henty made a number of chances to his line up, including a debut to goalkeeper Louis Hawes.

The keeper was in the action in the 7th minute when Witham broke in numbers and the ball fell to Michael Osei who scrambled home after Hawes had initially saved the first effort. Tilbury did then have a good period with Tony Martin striking the bar from a Stanley corner with the keeper beaten and Martin again headed over from another Stanley corner minutes later. On 26 Witham increased the lead when another break down the right and from the edge of the area Lewis Payne smashed home. Both Neil Richmond and Tony Martin had chances to get back in the game before the break, bur wasted efforts. Just before the break Nathan Koranteng should have score when the goal, was gaping.
The second period was a quiet affair with both sides limited to just one good chance each. On the hour substitute Ryan Charles free kick struck the bar and Tilbury's only effort fell to Joe Nightingill who miss hit from 6 yards in a goalmouth scramble. In the final minute Hawes made another good save, which was not enough from a disappointing Dockers performance.

The result leaves Tilbury in 10th place with 6 games to go. The Dockers are back in action next Saturday when they welcome Brightlingsea Regent looking to make it a double over their opponents.

Tilbury: Hawes, Mead, Glozier, D Smith, Nightingill, Game (James 70), Aiken (Babalola 63), Carlile, Richmond (J Cook 73), Martin, Stanley

Unused subs: Webb
Dock end John

Posts : 1748
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 61
Location : tilbury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum