Match report away v Phoenix Sports via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Go down

Match report away v Phoenix Sports via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Post  Dock end John on Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:37 pm

Phoenix Sports 1 Tilbury 2 Att 130

Tilbury scored twice in two second half minutes to secure a hard fought three points over a good Phoenix Sports side. On a wet afternoon, but played on an excellent pitch, Danny Glozier and Matt Game both returned to the side and the Dockers made it to 18 unbeaten league games with a good second half comeback.
Tilbury did start the game well with Conor Mead hitting a low effort after 3 minutes from a Tony Martin ball and Neil Richmond was denied by Brown in the home goal after a header was saved from a Matt Game ball.
The home side came into the game and took the match to their visitors and on 18 minutes Jamie Mascoll released Harrison Carnegie down the right, he cut the ball in to Alistair Gordon, whose right-footed drive from 20 yards forced Clarke Bogard to dive low to his right to make the save. Phoenix Sports started to edge themselves back into the game and created some glorious chances. On 20 Gordon burst down the right, cut the ball inside for Mascoll, who saw his easy chance go wide. Alistair Gordon in the midfield was dominating the midfield and giving the home side some opportunities with his runs. On 24 Adrian Stone drilled his right-footed shot, which was saved by Bogard.
The home side dominance paid off as on 30 minutes Brown launched a long ball down the field, which Stone flicked on to Jason Goodchild who hit a lovely shot across Bogard and in to the far corner of the net.
Tilbury went close on 40 when Aiken played the ball into Richmond’s feet, who cut inside and from the edge of the penalty area, his shot deflected past the post. Within seconds Phoenix were on the attack and Carnegie was one on one with Bogard with keeper winning the day with a fine save. The resulting corner saw Bogard tip wide.
Tilbury were grateful of the half time whistle with Phoenix unlucky not to go into the break further in front.

Tilbury created the first chance of the second half after 2 minutes when Neil Richmond was denied by a good save from Brown.
The equaliser came on 64 when Matt Game going away from goal, was clipped by the advancing Brown and referee pointed to the spot. Glozier saw the resulting penalty hit the net.
The home side switched off just 2 minutes later when Francis Babalola got down the left and swung his cross in and Emiel Aiken nipped in to plant his header over Brown into the roof of the net. 3 minutes later the same partnership went close, but this time Aiken's header was off target.
As the game went on, chances were at a premium and the only real chance fell to Adrian Stone who saw his right footed shot across the keeper and towards the bottom far corner, but Clarke Bogard dived to his right to make an outstanding save

Tilbury saw out the last few minutes with substitute Jimmy Cook playing keep ball down the left.
The result leaves Tilbury in 5th place on goal average.
After the game Manager Gary Henty commented “Phoenix Sports matched us first half, but hard work and determination brought us back into the game, which pleased me. I would also like to praise all the Tilbury fans that travelled on a wet afternoon and there support particularly in the second half spurred the team on to victory"

The Dockers are due back in action next Saturday when they welcome local rivals Aveley with a 3pm kick off.

Team: Bogard, Mead (Webb 76), Glozier D Smith, Nightingill, Game, Babalola (J Cook 86), Carlile, Richmond, Martin, Aiken

Unused Subs: Jaggs, Elsom and Pooley
Dock end John

Posts : 1749
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 61
Location : tilbury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum