Match report home v Bishops Stortford FA trophy via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Go down

Match report home v Bishops Stortford FA trophy via Mr Anthony Mercer.

Post  Dock end John on Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:33 pm

Tilbury made the first Round of the FA Trophy with a well deserved victory over National League South side Bishop's Stortford 3-0.

Tilbury's excellent run extended to 16 matches with the shock result of the 3rd qualifying round of the FA Trophy seeing off National league South side Bishop's Stortford on a windy afternoon at Chadfields.
The Dockers went in to the game missing Jake Pooley, Matt Game, Ross Elsom and Tony Martin, but it was Tilbury who started strongly and took the lead inside 4 minutes when a Kurt Smith cross was scrambled home by Joe Nightingill. The visitors started slowly and it took until 11 minutes when Kieran Bywater had an effort that flew over the bar. George Allen then went closer for Stortford when he hit the post. Tilbury captain Jack Carlile had a header easily saved before, midway through the half Tilbury deservedly increased the lead when Emiel Aiken ran through unchallenged on the right and found Kurt Smith by the penalty spot to slot home. Before the half came to the end both Emiel Aiken and Jack Carlile went close. Tilbury started the second period as strong as the first and should have made it 3 on 50 minutes when another dangerous ball from Kurt Smith found Neil Richmond who saw his weak effort blocked. The visitors seemed to be disarray as the half went on, picking up three quick yellow cards to there frustration. The best effort of the game fell to on loan Tom Beere who saw his effort brilliantly saved by Clarke Bogard. The Dockers continued to push and Francis Babalola nearly capitalised on a keeper mistake only to see his header just go wide of the post. Tilbury keeper Clarke Bogard was again called upon when he made a fine save from Bywater. Tilbury went close again on 68 when Emiel Aiken cut inside from the right and curled his effort towards goal, only to see Lovelock make a fine save to tip wide.
With 10 minutes remaining a Kurt Smith cross almost found the head of Francs Babalola before the decisive goal with 9 minutes remaining, when Kurt Smith walked through the visitors defence, found Neil Richmond who slotted the ball to Harry Cook just in an onside position to slot home for a fine team goal. This set the home fans wild. The final action of the game saw Bywater almost clear the ground with a 20 yard shot.

Tilbury made progress to the 1st round proper with a great team performance.

After the game Manager Gary Henty commented “That was a fantastic result for the club and delighted for our Chairman. It was an all round good team effort"

The Dockers attention now turns to next Tuesday, for more cup action when they welcome National League side Braintree Town in the Essex Senior Cup.

Team: Bogard, C Mead, Glozier, D Smith, Nightingill, J Cook (H Cook 76), Aiken, Carlile, Richmond, Babalola, K Smith

Unused Subs: Jaggs, Hanlon, Austin and R Mead
Dock end John

Posts : 1749
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 61
Location : tilbury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum