Match report away V Great Wakering Rovers via Mr Anthony Mercer and official website

Go down

Match report away V Great Wakering Rovers via Mr Anthony Mercer and official website

Post  Dock end John on Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:35 am

Tilbury Squander two goal lead

by Anthony Mercer

Great Wakering Rovers 2 Tilbury 2 Att 118

Tilbury had to settle with a point after losing 2-0 lead at a misty Great Wakering Rovers on Tuesday night. Tilbury welcomed back Jack West and Elliott Johnson to the side, but was missing the suspended Harry Cook and injured Aaron Waters.

The home side had the first chance on 8 minutes when Artemi hit his shot wide. 4 minutes later a throw was headed towards goal by Trenkel, but keeper Ramos saved well. On 13 Tilbury’s Jack West shot at the near post and Seal saved well. Wakering again had a fine chance on 20 when Radley head over the top.

Tilbury took the lead on 27 when Joe Christou picked the ball up on the half way line and from 25 yards unleashed a left footed effort that beat Seal on his inside post. A couple of minutes later Tilbury thought they were 2 up when Aiken was played in and slotted home, but for some unknown reason, the referee ruled the goal out for offside, despite Aiken running through on his own and it was clear this was a mistake.

Tilbury then laid siege on Seal’s goal with Aiken and Carlile both being denied by good saves.

On 35 Aiken drove into the box and squared the ball to West who fired miles over. Then on 37 minutes Tilbury got what they deserved when Elliott Johnson’s free kick was handled in the box and the referee pointed to the spot. Jack West hit home to the keepers right to make it 2-0. Great Wakering got a goal back right on half time when Jacobs crossed for Artemi who hit a lovely left footed effort past Ramos. The second half was dominated by the home side with Hepburn hit a nice long range effort that Ramos had to be equal to tip wide.

On 58 the home side got a deserved equaliser when Jay Nash was played in a slotted past Ramos. A minute later Tilbury thought they had gone back in front but a super save from Seal saw him deny Aiken.

The home side looked the more likely to score and were nearly caught out on 78 when Aiken got the ball in to substitute Aldwinckle who saw Seal come to the rescue. On 83 a goalmouth scramble almost saw Sparrow score. With 3 minutes remaining Tilbury were in possession, but the ball bounced off the referee and Wakering broke in numbers and the ball fell to Nash who saw his effort well blocked by Ramos.

Deep in to injury time, another Tilbury substitute Lopes De Pina had a good effort, only to be denied by an excellent block by Seal.
Dock end John

Posts : 1749
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 61
Location : tilbury

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum